Managing Trustee and Former M.D.
Karnataka urban water supply and drainage board, Bangalore.
- Hails from a middle class agricultural family near Bangalore city.
- Graduated in Civil Engineering in 1967 and joined service in the Public Works Department of Karnataka in 1967.
- Worked in different capacities from Asst.Engineer to the Chief Engineer levels in P.W.D and Karnataka Urban Water Supply Board.
- Appointed as M.D of the K.U.W.S & D.B in 1998 and worked for over 8 years as M.D
- Was in charge of implementation of water supply and underground grainage projects in 208 urban local bodies of Karnataka having a total population of about 12 million. Comissioned more than 150 projects during his 8 year term as M.D
- Was president of Karnataka Asst.Engineers Association comprising of about 5000 Engineers, General Secretary of Karnataka Engineering Association and Secretary General of South India Graduate Engineers Federation between 1981 and 1988. Successful in achieving better status for the Engineers in Karnataka and improving the technical standards.
- Actively involved in few Non Governmental Organizations which are as follows:
- Chairman: Indian Water Works Association (IWWA), Bangalore Center.
- President: Sri Vemana Charitable Trust, Bangalore.
- President: Sarvodaya Charitable Trust, Bangalore.
- Ex-President: IWWA, Mumbai.
- Ex-Chairman: National Institution of Quality Rehability (N.I.Q.R), Bangalore Center.
- Ex-Vice President: Institution of Public Health Engineering (IPHE) Kolkata.
- A devotee of Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharshi. Started Ramana Maharshi Foundation (a family trust) 7 years back. The foundation has built 8 Meditation Center, Home for elders and orphan girls(inaugurated on 2/11/08) just 26 kms from Bangalore on NH-7 and is also running a free Health Center in a village near Bangalore. The foundation is involved in spiritual and philanthropic activities.